August 17, 2009

This Time Last Night

we were on our way to the hospital. It all started about 10 pm when we were watching Benjamen Button and I started to choke on my spit. Hey, it happens from time to time...anyway about 2 minutes later I feel a warm gush. Hummmm, what was that? I went and changed my liner and settled back in to finish the movie. This happened two more times so we decided it was time to pack up and head on out.

I was not feeling many contractions and they were not getting worse like they say they will once your water breaks, but then again some women don't experience this either. I was moving rather slowly, not in any hurry because I figured it would be a long night in an uncomfortable hospital room.

So long story short, I got checked by the nurse: 60% effaced and dilated to 1 cm. Slight progress, better than nothing. Then she checks to see if my water had broke...negative. Well, she had the doctor come in to check a different sample under the microscope....negative again. Am I a fool? Am I just peeing and not realizing it? Then why is it a bit pink??? The nurse said this is what she does for a living and even she was wrong, not to worry it happens all the time.

During this time MJ asked what this meant and the nurse replied "Well, you are 41 weeks, you are pretty much here to stay at this point whether or not your water broke." As you may realize by now, I am not ok with this statement especially when it is said to me more than once in a matter of 2 hours. So once the Dr. confirmed that my water did not break and the nurse said that she talked with my Dr. and they would start pitocin in the morning since I was contracting too much for the cervix-softening gel, I was angry. Why sign me up for induction today, when I am scheduled for Thursday? Convince because I am already here? Not happening. This is when I asked to talk to my Dr. because I did not want to stay and be put on pitocin. Needless to say the nurse was surprised then said that my Dr. said I could go home if I wanted. Check please!

By the time we got home it was after 4 am. Poor MJ, he had to be up at 7 to take a final...not the ideal situation but he managed. I was up at 6:45 am just because I could not sleep.

So, I worked from home today and went to our 11:30 US. Peanut still looks good as does her fluid levels so we are on for Thursday....that is if I make it that long! I have been contracting every 5 minutes (for 30-45 seconds) since 8 am. Around 10 pm they kicked it up a notch in pain, length (45-60 seconds) and frequency (every 3-5 minutes now). I think this might happen in the next 24-36 hours!!! At this point I am hesitating because I would hate to get in there and them tell me that I am dilated to a 3 or 4 and have to stay at this point, only to not go fast enough for them and wind up on pitocin any way...

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Baby Momma Andrea said...

Good luck!!! Perhaps Peanut decided to come this afternoon!

Thinking of you all!