August 14, 2009

Day 5 of Waiting

Today was a good day of waiting.

MJ and I started the day by cleaning the house in preparation of baby and a visit from my cousin Sara who is in from California. Then I showered and worked from home for a few hours until Sara and Shalin (her very cute and smart 1 1/2 yr.old son) showed up for their visit. I had a great time catching up with her--it has been over 8 years since we last saw each other. I am very thankful for the Internet/e-mail because without it I don't know that we keep in touch as much as we do. Sara, thanks for making time to visit during your trip home :) After my visit, it was time to get ready for Michael's cousin's wedding (we RSVPed "no" assuming that we would have Peanut by now or would not be in any condition to make it, but Auntie Jeannie refused to take no as an answer. She told us all along that she was saving a place for both of us and we were welcome to come if we felt up to it).

Yup, there I was at 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant getting all gussied-up for a wedding. All I have to say is THANK YOU pregnancy Spanks you saved my a*!, literally! With out this amazing little item I would have looked like I was smuggling a certain dairy product under my dress. Got to love what pregnancy does to a body.....All in all, I didn't look too bad for this stage in the game--and we had a lovely evening out to top it all off!
The wedding was nice and dinner was great. The Spanks did start to feel a bit too constricting at hour four and MJ does have class tomorrow, so we called it a night at about 9:30. Not bad, not bad!

So that was my day in a nut shell or should I say "as" a nut shell....

2 comments:

The Agnello Family said...

Holy crap....you look great!!!!!! Glad you got to have one last date before peanut comes!

P.S. I'm getting a little nervous...she better come soon so I have time to come hang with you guys before I start work again! I need more than just a weekend with you guys!!! Hurry peanut so Aunt Emily gets her snuggle time in...(and her spoil your mommy like a new mother should be time too!) Love you guys!

Kristi said...

I'm with Em. You look FAB!! :)