July 18, 2009

The BEST Hubby EVER!!!

WARNING: this is a long one, but definitely worth the read. Please get comfy before proceeding.


I say it to myself all the time, but today you get to read it: I have THE BEST HUSBAND IN WORLD!!!! Now ladies, I know what you are thinking, "Keliann, I have the best husband in the world." Let me tell you why you are wrong ;) First, you did not use all caps to make the statement (so I meant it a little more) Second, Michael (MJ for you new readers) not only remembered that our second anniversary is shortly upon us, but he planned a PERFECT (and yes, I mean PERFECT) just-in-case-you-go-before-August-4th-anniversary-extravaganza for last Friday night. Let me give you the details and you can decide for yourself:


This journey started just over two weeks with an e-vite from MJ titled: Date Night. Needless to say, he was the only other person on the list of invited/attending (Well, Peanut is a give at this point folks!). I accepted with delight and started wondering what we might be doing since he gave no details other than date and time.

As the two weeks went by, I occasionally wondered about the night. Truthfully, I HATE surprises so I didn't want to think about it too much. Perhaps MJ was going to take me to the DSO at Meadowbrook for an evening under the stars, or it was dinner and movie in Birmingham since Harry Potter would be out that weekend. That's all I had.

Fast forward to Thursday night. MJ asked if I was excited about our pending date night and I said "sure". He was a little giddy and asked if I wanted a hint. YES silly, you know I hate to be surprised I thought. MJ then told me that we would start our Date Night by getting massages and then we would come home to get ready for the rest of the evening! I was so excited to get a back rub (and maybe even lay on my belly for a little) that I wanted to pee myself!


So, all day Friday I found it hard to focus on work, but I did manage to get a few projects done--check! I ended my day at 3 o'clock when MJ picked me up and we started our drive to Lapeer for our rubdown. I must say that the massage was to die for! I was a bit sad that they did not have a table with the belly cut out for us pregnant ladies even though they advertise the prenatal massage (soon Keliann, soon...). After our relaxing afternoon rub we drove through Rally's for a little snack...pregnant momma was hungry!

After returning home to shower for the rest of the evening, MJ put me in the can and MADE me ware a blindfold while he drove us to our next stop. All my begging, pleading and promising not to peek did me no good. I had to wear the silly blind fold. MJ knows me all too well. He figured that I was keeping track of our turns and had a small clue as to where we were so he decided to pull into a parking lot, doing a couple of turns before going any further. At that point, I was completely lost. Where in Lake Orion does the road slope down and around like this? Are we going into a tunnel? I started to laugh and MJ played dumb. Silly Michael! MJ continued to play with my sense of direction in order to ensure that I had no idea where we were headed. I found out later that he stopped in the middle of Orion road a few times to pretend that we were at a stop sign. Good work MJ, good work.

So....as we start to slow for the final time, MJ told me to take off my blind fold. WHAT!?!!? WHY ARE WE HERE?!?!?!!!! Ladies and gentlemen...we were at the Wyndgate! For you new followers, this is were we had our wedding and reception! The valet took the can and we walked inside. I was still COMPLETELY confused! We were greeted by Melissa, the fabulous event planner who took care of us two years ago. I gave her a hug and asked her what was going on. She did not say much, but lead us to one of the reception rooms. Perhaps we are here for dinner, but I though only members could come for dinner... we walked through one of the white rooms that I wanted for our reception and into the next room. This was the room with the hardwood floors where the head table and dance floor would have been. In the center of the room was a table for two. The best part was that MJ had it decorated just like our wedding: brown table cloth, green napkins, white hydrangeas with green button flowers and candles to top it all off! As soon as I realized what he had planned I started to cry!!

I hugged MJ, then wiped the tears from my cheeks. He pulled out my chair and up came the server with sparkling white grape juice--not quite champagne but oh-so-close!!! MJ raised his glass and made a toast to us and joy that the last two years had brought us. As the night went on we enjoyed the same menu from our wedding day, which was just as delicious as it was then! To top off the meal, MJ even remembered to get a mini-cake (decorated just the same) and two bumpy-cupcakes from Sweet and Savory(yes that is our cake)!! YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

We finished up our meal at the Wyndgate and headed home to change and go to Harry Potter!!! This was the one thing that I wanted to do before Peanut got here and MJ made that happen!

I can't believe that MJ pulled together such a THOUGHTFUL, DETAILED and WONDERFUL night for the two of us to enjoy together (as a couple and not as parents)! So ladies, this is why I say that I have the BEST husband EVER!

p.s. Michael, I love you so much! You never cease to amaze me--the way you pay attention to the details of our life, the way you say I love you through your actions as well as your words, the way you always manage to think of us and MAKE us take time to enjoy the little moments life gives us!!! Happy Two Years!!

4 comments:

marisa said...

That sounds like a wonderful evening! I am just glad you blogged, I was getting a little concern about your whereabouts. ;)

The Agnello Family said...

I think MJ and Steve need to hang out a little more!

You're very lucky Keliann and Peanut is even more lucky to have you and Michael as parents!

Andrea Schultz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Schultz said...

I am crying too..and I ditto what your friend above said but with my husbands name "MJ and Ben need to hang out a little more!"

So so excited, congrats, I can't believe it's been 2 years!!!