March 14, 2009

Pink or Blue?

After months of wondering we finally know what names to debate! Since I had to work both Wednesday and Thursday night, we (by that I mean "I") decided that we would wait until we could both enjoy the news of our baby's gender. So off to the Union we went (MJ has been asking for the Mac'n Cheese since November but just the thought of it made me gag, so he had to wait). As we were enjoying our dinner I was having second thoughts about finding out. Weird, I know.



You see, being the planner that I am, I always thought there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind about wanting to find out. But there I was, thinking that it might be nice to wait. It may seem like a little thing, but really it is a life changing fact. More so than being pregnant. How so? Well, we all know that "a child" will change your life: no more going out to eat at the drop of a hat, being more responsible about spending--college is expensive you know, sleepless nights due to worrying about your child partying instead of being out partying ourselves, etc. But Girl vs. Boy takes it to a whole new level: pink or blue, ballet class or football practice, prom dresses or tux, scaring off boys or girls, paying for a wedding or rehearsal dinner...see where this is going? So I started to think, maybe it would be nice to not worry about these things for another 5 months or so. Delay it as long as possible, you know?



Well, that wouldn't cut it for Michael. He wanted to know. I think it killed him to have to look at the envelope on the mantel for 2 days and wonder what it said. He wanted to know. So we finished eating and pulled out the life changing note. I slowly opened it and found:

A GIRL!!!! What?? Seriously?? Really??? How GREAT!!!! I thought for sure we were going to have a boy only because we could NOT decide on ANY names that could even be considered for a boy. At this point I had instated a "no name game" rule because we would just get cranky with each other about boy names and why argue over something that might not even be an issue!?! So for that simple reason I figured it would be a boy. But to our surprise, we are having a girl.



So bring on the pink (and purple), ballet classes, prom dress shopping and a large, expensive wedding!!!



We're having a GIRL!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So exciting for you guys!!!!!!!! I am so SO happy for you!

Green & Clean Mom said...

Well I'll be damn...I'm smiling from ear to ear. Beaming with excitement for you and your hubby! What a lucky baby! I'm excited to know of your blog and keep in touch this way. Can you email me your address?

uncle ned said...

This is a great blog GIRL great LOVE uncle ned AUNT SHARON

Kristi said...

OK. So, WIP's parents will pay for the rehearsal dinner and Peanut's parents have the wedding covered. I'm thinking something in May or June - summer of 2037 work for you two? :) :)

I AM SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY STAND IT.

*cait* said...

Congratulations on your little girl!!!

Jamie said...

CONGRATS!! How exciting :)