March 03, 2009

Meet Peanut

With morning sickness (afternoon-to-the-time-I-fell-asleep-sickness actually) in full swing, I had no doubts that I was pregnant—however, I think Michael debated it from time to time. I thought I would enjoy eating every two hours but nothing sounded good or even tasted good, except the trusty old Cheez-it. I am my father’s daughter after all. The next week and a half passed so slowly.

As Michael and I impatiently waited for my next doctor’s appointment we wondered how far along I really was. We had August 10th as our original due date, but wondered if they would do an ultrasound to double check. So, on January 6, 2009 Michael and I went to my next appointment. Much to our surprise I did get an ultrasound that day!!! Back to the dark room we went and before you know it, there “it” was…dancing and kicking away! The technician smiled and said “putting on quite the show for you” and all I could do is stare at the screen. I looked at Michael and he just looked amazed. Then came the sound: wumpa-wumpa-wumpa-wumpa. A solid 170 beats/minute. Amazing, completely amazing.

The rest of the appointment went by in a bit of a blur—other than Michael’s disgust and bewilderment at the fact they only give you a large “paper towel” to cover with during the girly exam and the drawing of my blood. The doctor told us that I was 10 weeks along instead of 9 (one less week of morning sickness!) and my new due date is August 4th! I guess that will be the best Anniversary present we will ever get! Home we went with out pictures in tow. We couldn’t wait until the next appointment to hear the heart beat again!!


So without further adieu,
Meet our Little Peanut!




7 comments:

The Agnello Family said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little peanut and can't wait to meet him/her!!!!

Kelli said...

Oh WOW!!!! So so so awesome! S/he is so BIG!!! Love love love to baby!

marisa said...

Are we taking bets on boy or girl yet?

The Agnello Family said...

I'm hoping for a girl...if so she's got a whole wardrobe coming her way!!!!

Kristi said...

Well hello there, little Peanut. WIP can't wait to meet his new friend (maybe girlfriend?). You can have playdates and take your mommies to the park to play and we will have such fun! xoxo.

Andrea Schultz said...

OH MY GOSH. I never had an US that early, so cute and little, how amazing!!!

20 Times A Lady said...

Congratulations!
Stumbled upon your blog.. cute!

Stop by my blog and check out my first giveaway... a Martha Stewart magazine subscription giveaway!