July 11, 2009

So Excited!!

MJ always manages to give the BEST gifts!!

I came home last night to find a special package wrapped in brown paper in the swing. I ask "what is this?" only to get a shrug of the shoulders from MJ. So, I sat down to open it, a little confused as to what it might be. As I tore the paper away I tried to figure out what it might be...I couldn't think of a single thing. As the soft, green contents were reveled I slowly realized what it was: A diaper bag!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, this in not just any diaper bag...it is a FABULOUS, hand crafted, one-of-a-kind bag by Kelli and Kristi's cousin Lauren Talicska!

Let me give you the back story on this: Kristi got a blue one at her shower and I fell in love! I wanted one of my very own! I had been looking at bags and hadn't found a single one I liked (most of them look too much like something an 8 year old would take to school or boring and stuffy, no fun!). But this was the perfect size and full of fun colors and fabric. I asked Lauren if she took orders and Kelli said that I couldn't order one because maybe one was already on order for me. We laughed, I touched Kristi's bag (wanting to smuggle it out of the shower and play dumb when Kristi realized it was gone.). That day I came home and told MJ all about the bag and how I hoped I might get one to call my own.

Time passes, my shower comes, I got WONDERFUL gifts. The Talicska family gave us the highchair (among other items) that could only be bought on line (which I thought for sure we were not going to get because of the fact) and we are VERY grateful for the wonderful purchase (we will think of you every time we feed Peanut in the highchair).

MJ and I were at Babies'R Us a few days later and I realized that I still needed a diaper bag. I thought to myself Shoot, I was hoping to get a bag like Kristi's, I loved it so much. "Guess, I should look for a diaper bag while we're here (a small, selfish part of me was sad when I realized I would not have a fabulous diaper bag. Bad Keliann, bad)." MJ picked up on my tone and asked what was wrong. I told him again about the bag I wanted as I looked at what they had to offer. Nothing I liked.

Fast forward to yesterday. Emily and I met up in Canton to do a little shopping. We were in BuyBuy Baby and I stopped by the diaper bags to see what they had. Again, nothing. I told Emily of the bag and my selfish disappointment (bad Keliann, bad). "Oh well, I'll find something" I told her.

So, here I am opening this mysterious package at 10 o'clock at night, realizing that I have the BEST husband EVER! He never ceased to amaze with what he picks up on and how he manages to surprise me with thoughtful gifts. I am happy to report that I LOVE my diaper bag! It is every thing I hoped it would be! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Here it is:

6 comments:

The Agnello Family said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy...I know how bad you wanted this! Michael you're the best!

marisa said...

that is too cute to be used for a diaper bag ;)

Lauren Talicska said...

I am so glad that you like it--- I have been so worried that it wouldn't match your expectations! It was very stressful making a bag for you because from your blog I can tell that you are a very crafty gal and I didn't want to disappoint!

Kelli said...

Lauren- FABULOUS job, as always. MJ- Way to be sneaky! Hehehehe. Hard to pull a fast one on the Mommy-to-be :) You done good!

And Lauren and KA...I think you should be peeps :) LOL You would be smashing good friends!

Kristi said...

*snaps* for Lauren and MJ. :)

Now KA and I can strut our stuff with matching strollers AND diaper bags at Somerset. All other MILFs BEWARE!!!!!! :)

Keliann and Michael said...

Lauren,

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH for the awsome bag! LOVE IT!

KT-miss you mucho

KV-Can't wait for the four of us to hang out (looking fab. with our bags!)