July 07, 2009

Weekly Visits

Here we go!! We are down to T minus 5 weeks, which means going to the doctor EVERY WEEK!! You may realize from earlier posts that my doc. office is not really one for on-time visits, so needless to say I have not been looking forward to this. But much to our surprise, it was only a 20 minute wait in the waiting room! Yes folks, I was out of there in JUST under 1 hour! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

We met with the Mid-wife today. She is a fun lady :) We discussed fun things like getting the car seat ready, night time routine/feedings, etc. Warning: possible T.M.I in 3, 2, 1....

I had the "pleasure" of my first cervix check, to which she said "now is a good time to practice breathing and relaxing cause this may feel like I am reaching for your tonsils". It was not as bad as she made me think. Indicator of how labor will go, I'm not holding my breath! She said that the baby is starting to drop and but my cervix is still closed.

I asked how we looked as far as the E.D.D. (expected delivery date for you non-preggers). She said to plan for the due date, but then that is what she tells all her first timers.

All I have to say at this point is: HA!! ALL YOU NAY-SAYERS WHO KEEP SAYING "YOU'RE HUGE, THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL MAKE IT TO YOUR DUE DATE", THE MIDWIFE ISN'T RULING IT OUT YET!!! Sorry, had to get that off my chest!

All in all, it was a good visit. Now I am off to get some more sewing done :)