August 15, 2009

Something a Pregnant Woman Should NEVER Have to Do

There are somethings women in general hate doing: going out in public w/o make-up, wearing flip-flops with chipped/yucky polish on, admitting our weight, sweating, trying on bathing suits, realizing it is time to move up to the next pant size, etc. I think that most of these are justified dislikes and should be avoided when ever possible.

Then there is the one thing a pregnant woman--make that a very pregnant woman-- should NEVER, I mean NEVER, have to do: give your measurements (more specifically measurements for a bridesmaid dress). I have always cringed at this task, not wanting to hear the numbers then being told what dress size you should order (Note to the men reading: dress sizes are ALWAYS bigger than our pants size and you know how much we hate that number...). This is a dreaded task non-preggers...imagine doing so at 40+ weeks.....yeah, feel my pain!

Now if that ain't love for a friend, I don't know what is!!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

True story. And you are wonderful for having done it.

When they took my measurements for Kyle's wedding she told me I needed a TWENTY EIGHT. I was like, "Hey, douchebag, you do realize I won't be 35 weeks pregnant at the wedding, right?"

Some people's kids... :)

Kelli said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. I'm sorry. I promise when I'm preggo you can both measure me at 39 weeks for some sort of dress. I think that would be ample payback :)