August 13, 2009

Nonstress Test Results.....

Well..........


Snack time worked! We just got home from our appointment and NST and Peanut is still looking good. Stubborn, but good.

I am dilated just a "fingertip", cervix is softer, baby is still high. Lori, the midwife, suggested that I lay on my right side to get her to turn and hopefully drop a little more, as well as a few other suggestions for getting things started on their own. All in all, she felt that we weren't ready just yet and that it would be best to give it a few more day. So our options were to be induced on Monday or Thursday of next week (though she hesitated on the Thursday option because the doctors might not agree on waiting that long). I told her that I really wanted to avoid induction because I did not want to do 18-23 hours of work then have to have a c-section because things just weren't happening...if I'm not ready, I'm not ready. She agreed (and told us that at the last practice she worked at they did not start talking induction until one reached 42 weeks, which for us would be the following Sunday) and checked the schedule to see what she could do.

SO---we put in for next Thursday. I will call tomorrow to check with the hospital to see if we were able to get that day, if not Lori will see what she can do. That means that we would check into the hospital at 8 p.m. Wednesday night for the cervix-softening gel to be administered and pitocin started on Thursday morning. Which means, this time next week I will be in labor/a new mom (if things don't happen on their own before then!)!!!! We will have another US on Monday (11:30 a.m.) to make sure all is STILL well and that she can handle her mommy-condo until Thursday--or perhaps she will make the move on her own.

Keep your fingers crossed and positive thoughts coming our way!!

p.s. I would like to add Lori, the mid-wife, to our list of new friends that we have met while venturing through Pregnancy Land.

1 comment:

Lyryn said...

Almost there!!! Praying for you guys and your little one!!!