August 09, 2009

Round Out the Week

Here is a pic of us at the end of 39 weeks:

Still growing and not dropping! As a reminder here I am at 36 weeks:
How far along: 39 weeks, 6 days


Sleep: 7 starting in the middle of the night to get up to go to the bathroom.


Best moment this week: Making it to my one year mark at GS which qualifies me for FMLA!

Movement: Peanut tends to hang out with her bum to the left so I’m getting little punches low and to the right.


Food cravings: Nothing really

Labor Signs: Getting more and more “crampy” with occasional back pain.

Belly Button in or out: The top of my belly button is peeking out, though I wouldn’t consider it popped…Don’t think it is going to happen.

What I am looking forward to: Knowing when I get to hold Peanut for the first time.

What I miss: Not being stared at when walking into a room. I’m only pregnant people!

Weekly Wisdom: Remember that it is ok to ask questions about what procedure/process is being suggested. You are a consumer of the services being provided by the doctor or the doctor’s office; it is your job to be an informed consumer and it is their job to fully explain what they are “selling” you before you purchase it. If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask—you might be surprised at why they are suggesting it…

Random Belly Touches: Not out in public much this week, so no.

Shout outs to new followers: No one new this week.

Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Not so much…

Rude Comment of the Week: Not so much rude this week, but more of a “seriously!?!” The lady who has told me for the past 6 months that I’m “huge” and there is no way I am going to make it to my due date and wondered if I was sure that I’m not having twins just got back from 2 week vacation only to tell me that “oh, you’re still carrying so high, you’ve got a least two more weeks before you go…” SERIOUSLY—make up your mind!!

Accomplishments of the Week: Car seat checked at local police department, got to a place at work where it would not be horrible if I was done working, and the below list:

* Finish sewing 12 burp cloths for Peanut-Half way done (and there are 16 of them)
* Sew snap in panel in nightgowns to cover cleavage (don't need guests seeing too much)-Panel done, just hand sewing on snaps-this can be done in the hospital too.
* Laundry-3/4 done
* Finish packing hospital bags (as much as possible)
* Fill out pre-check in to the hospital on line (did a paper version before but have not heard from them...)-Check
* Put iTunes on laptop-Check
* Add soothing music for labor to iTunes-Check
* Charge cameras-Check
* Doc appointment at 12-Check
* Grocery shop-Check
* Dinner at Longhorn with Michael-Check
* Purchase Gift Certificates for upcoming weddings and showers-Check
* Exchange MJ's jogging pants-Check
* Maybe do a Babies 'R Us run to get little items not purchased
* Look for plane tickets and hotel for Uncle Jason's wedding in October
* Scan and put out wedding pictures (yes, we just got them due to our very late ordering. But hey, they will be up before the baby pic. take over the house)
* Put away misc. baby gifts
* Clean our bedroom
* Put together jogging stroller (have to hit the trail ASAP after delivery and I want to be ready!)
* Went to a wedding shower
* Baked zucchini bread
* Visit with Emily, Steve and the girls (Happy 2nd Birthday girls!!)
* Sterilized pacifiers and 1/2 of the bottles

1 comment:

marisa said...

it looks like you must have dropped a bit because your arms are straighter at 39 weeks than 36 weeks.