August 12, 2010

T minus 6 Days

I'm back! We have been busy little beavers over here getting ready for the birthday extravaganza! I am SLOWLY coming to terms with the fact that in less than one week I will have a one year old! Hang in there with me, I'm sure I will get there at some point.



Today was a BIG day for Abby and Gramps....as Gramps has been waiting Abby's whole life for this "first"! Take a peek:



That's right, Abby had her first bite of pizza today and it was with Gramps! Let me give you a bit of background on the topic: For one of my baby showers, the guests were to give books instead of cards and seeing how Gramps loves pizza (and knows that it will soon be one of Abby's favorite things to eat with him) so much searched for the perfect book and found one about making pizza with Grampa...it was the cutest thing and just the perfect gift from Gramps. And with today's first, a new ritual was born! I'm sure Abby will have her fair share of pizza at Gramps and Grandma D's house :)


Abby also got to meet some of my family for the first time today: My Uncle Denny, Aunt Carol and cousin Sara, who is in town from California along with her son Shalin. The last time I saw Sara I was 41 week preggers...my how things have changed! It was great to spend some time with them--Thank you Sara for making time to see all of us!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

LOVE this video! I love that Gramps is singing a pizza song to her!