August 05, 2010

T minus 13 Days

Ladies and gentlemen, we have steps!!!!!! I am completely amazed at just how fast this is happening, but I also kind of knew it wouldn't take much after she decided that she wanted to walk. All day today Abby moved about the house with speed and a lack of fear. It was as if she owned the place (well, she kind of does but that is a given). She grew more and more confident in her diving steps and seemed to be covering greater distances with them.



Abby was in rare form for most of the afternoon, probably because she pretty much refused to sleep for more than 20 minutes at any given time. So, off to Gramps and Grandma D's we went (it is about a 40 minute drive and Mommy was hoping that she would sleep for most of that)! Gramps did his best to entertain Abby...he even busted out a little Mario Kart on the Wii. Too funny :) Afterwards, Abby decided to warm up her walking skills with a lot of cruising and standing. She stood for a long, long time a couple of times...we found that as long as she had something in her had to distract her she would stand. Then after dinner, she really got moving!



Here is how it went: Gramps was sitting on one side of the living room and I was on the other. Abby was over with Gramps playing with her pinwheel (I think it was) and I asked her to share it with Mommy. At first she just held it out then I asked her to "come here". She slowly took one small step away from Gramps, then another. Now she was past her reach of Gramps but not yet within my reach. She paused at this point but then continued. Next came step three and then step four!!! That's right, four steps in a row! There was no denying this one or explaining it away :)



I wish I could say that I have it on video, but you know---Murphy's law! I have been trying for the past few days to get Abby's diving steps on video, but have not had much luck due to the baby that resides inside the camera. (Let me help you: I let Abby watch some of the video of her on the camera a few times and now whenever she hears the camera turn on she gets excited and wants to see the baby.) I continued to try today at Gramps' house this evening, but had given up right before dinner...we tried go get a repeat, but you know that that NEVER happens! I promise to post walking video as soon as I get some. This will have to do for now!!!

No comments: