August 03, 2010

T minus 15 Days

Today was another sad day in the countdown to Abby turning one...we officially eliminated the morning nursing session :( If you haven't been keeping track, that means that we are down to one nursing a day. That is a far cry from the 10-12 feedings we were doing just over a year ago when we brought her home. My, how she has grown! I am a bit worried because she only had 7 ounces of formula and the evening nursing (plus solid food too of coarse), it just doesn't seem like enough liquid for a day. Oh well, I'm sure she will catch on to the new game plan soon enough.

In other news, I have been in denial for awhile now but can no longer live there. I thought I have seen Abby move from place A to B without holding on--kind of stepping but kind of diving at the same time--but refused to believe it. The other day my dad told me he thought he saw the same thing...I refused to believe this as well. But today I watched her dive from the end of the coffee table to the end of the couch, which is a good three feet. Might this be the first signs of her coming steps??? I tried to get it on video, but she knows that she can see "the baby" on the camera and comes trucking right over. I have to be super stealthy now days. I will try to get it on tape soon :)

No comments: