January 28, 2010

Post Christmas Fun

And the festivities continue!! The day after Christmas it was time for my family's Christmas gathering at Gramps and Grandma D's house :) Again, lots of good food, snacks and gifts...I'm beginning to see a pattern here, no wonder my pants are getting a little tight at this point ;)

We got lots of wonderful gifts this year from friends and family--too many to mention one by one--but I think one of my favorites was for Abby from Gramps...


Abby is excited to get things started






It is Abby's very own Gramps-handmade toy box and set of Sing-a-ma-jigs!

But wait, there is more...
Abby, "What?"

It doubles as a bench and puppet theater, complete with curtain and pop out panel!!

Thanks Gramps!! It is just PERFECT!!!
Abby testing out the new toy box
There is a bit of a back story on the toy box: My dad had made one for my sister and I years ago and we played and played and played with that toy box. It not only stored our toys, it sometimes stored us, gave us a place to sit as long as the pegboard lid would hold us and I'm sure it served as a ship or plane a time or two too. A few months ago, we were sitting at Gramps and we got to talking about all of Abby's toys. With out thinking, I ask Gramps if his toy box factory was still in business. Looking back I might have put him on the spot but I have to say that I LOVE what came of that conversation! This is truly the best toy box a little girl (and her mommy) could ask for! It is super sturdy (whew, mommys worry you know), 100% sliver proof, big enough but not too big, multifunctional and best of all made with love from someone we love so very much! This is a toy box that will bring hours of fun and entertainment, a lifetime of memories and even a tear to my eye! Thanks Dad, you are so thoughtful!!!! (I might be a little bit more excited about the toy box than Abby at the moment, but I know that this is something that she will grow to LOVE, just as Wendy and I did years ago.)

The next day we headed to Aunt Wendy's side of town for a little Aunt Wendy birthday fun! Abby got to experience the bowling ally for the very first time. She loved all the sounds, people and bowling balls too!

I love you Uncle Tom

Happy Birthday Aunt Wizzy!

Silly Gramps!
Grandma, this iPhone is great...see what it can do?


Uncle Tom decided to take her to the lane:
and bowl!
She LOVED it and wanted to go back time and time again. I think we might have a future bowler on our hands!
Do not take my picture, I'm not ready!
Love the little finger on this one!!

Well that was it for Christmas festivities (until January, we still have Christmas with Auntie Jeannie to do) and I must say it ended with a bang---Abby picked up the stomach bug (at the bowling alley we think) and the next few days sure were a different sort of "fun"! Uuugggghhhh!

No comments: