April 30, 2009

Decisions Have Been Made

Yes, we decided on Nursery fabric!! It has been purchased and washed so there is no turning back now! I know that I am crazy for wanting to sew my own stuff, but we could not find anything in the stores that we liked. I figured that it can't be so bad...I only have to make the crib skirt, bumper and widow treatment (I am thinking roman shade at this point, but we will see where that leads). So, with a little planning and a little work each week I think I can get it all done before Peanut gets here. It will also help that MJ's classes are starting this week. He will have 2 night classes (time to sew) and home work (more time to sew) to do, so I SHOULD be able to get it all done...wish me luck!

Here is a sample of the fabric:


We also picked up the previously mentioned rocking chair (here and here) on Craig's List a few weeks ago--thank heaven for deals! Needless to say, I had to give a little when it came to the rocker. As usually, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted: An upholstered chair with a square back and arms that ROCKS--not a glider. Let me tell you that they DO NOT EXIST. I found the chair I loved and wanted, but only if it could be made into a rocker. So, hopeful Keliann e-mailed the maker and asked if they could put the rocker base that they make for another chair on the chair that I wanted, scratch that--NEEDED, and got a big, fat "NO" for an answer.
Now, I know that some of you are thinking that I am weird for wanting a true rocker over a glider--I get that. BUT, there is such a different feel between the two that I am willing to do the extra work in order to ROCK and not glide. Call me crazy...
So that left us with a close second: the Dream Rocker from Pottery Barn Kids. It is nice, I can't complain (but I really wanted the other chair to rock...). Like I said, we got a real deal on it by buying it second hand (which also makes it a "green" purchase) from the nicest couple in Holly--The Millers. They purchased the chair during their last pregnancy, which turned out to be a set of twins!! She laughed and said that she never got to use it much since they already had 2 girls and then added 2 more instead of just one. I would like to add them to our "new friends" list now that I think of it, but anyway...back to the chair. It came with a denim slip cover, which will not work in the above color scheme, so we have been exploring our options. Actually, I've got a funny story about that....

No comments: