June 23, 2010

Love for Our Pediatrician

Well, little Miss Abby has managed to pick up a case of the liquid-poos from somewhere. Whether it is a bug or a side-effect of a pending bought of teething, we are not sure. Anyway, I called the doc. the other day to see at what point we should come in or start giving her Pedilalyte to keep her hydrated and played a little game of phone tag with our favorite nurse. I haven't been all that worried since Abby has had rather wet diapers so I didn't follow up with the last message.

Well, at 8:02 this evening our phone rang and it was the doctor's office. I picked up the phone expecting to talk with Nurse Nancy, but much to my surprise it was Dr. Dean Moscovic himself! He was calling to check up on Abby, to see how we were doing. We chatted a few minutes about her butt-flu (he laughed at me for calling it that, but said he might have to steal that description) and told us not to worry too much, as there seems to be a bug going around.

I have to say that I thought the days were long gone when the doctor a) remembered the patients he saw that week b) had someone follow up on pending issues or c) called himself to see how things are going. I am truly impressed! Thanks Dr. Moscovic!!!

No comments: