June 20, 2010

Happy Daddy's Day

Well, I hope that Michael had as much fun to day as Abby and I did!! We started the day with a little family "nap" at about 6 a.m. then Daddy opened his gifts in bed. I got MJ a grill set to make sliders and Abby got him tickets to the Tigers game (and we have been working on a little craft for Daddy too but Abby has not been cooperating....). So, after getting ready for the day in almost record time (under 1.5 hrs) we headed to MJ's parents house for a little visit. On our way we realized that we forgot food for Abby in the fridge so we had to make a little pit stop to pick up a little something for her to eat (I refuse to feed Abby a hotdog at this point in her life...Emily I know you understand my issue with this). We had a good but quick visit with Nana and Papa then headed down to the game.

In true Johnson fashion, we got there during the 2nd inning, which was a good thing because our seats did not get any shade until a little later in the game. Abby managed to make friends with the older couple in the seats behind us and with the little girl in front of us. I think she had a good time at her first Tigers game by people watching, drinking mommy's water and sitting with daddy. Here are a few pics of our day:


Family Photo
Checking out the stadium

Taking a little break in the shade

Abby's first Tigers win!!

Making memories

Peanut wouldn't miss a day at the park!

Family time



I love my dad

After a drive home and some dinner we took a ride on our new swing. Abby loved just sitting with daddy.
All in all we had a great day!
P.s. Michael, you never cease to amaze me. It is a true honor to watch you be a Daddy and I am thankful every day for the gift of you (and Abby too). Thank you for loving me and your little girl with all your heart--I couldn't imagine our lives with out you!

1 comment:

Andrea Schultz said...

I love all the new pics!! they came out great...oh probably from the perfect subject, no not you Michael, ABBY :) Really wonderful pictures, she is precious!!