December 22, 2009

Visit with Santa

One of the best things about having a child is reconnecting with the magic of Christmas. I can't tell you the last time I went to see Santa or the joy that the visit brought me--seriously, it has been that long. All that changed last week when we took Abby for her first visit with Santa.

I was a little scared because I wasn't sure how it would go. You know how you always see the babies crying on Santa's lap out of fear? I thought there was a good chance that that would be Abby--I assumed the beard would scare her. But, the mall was 45 minutes from the house so Abby took a nap on the way there and then was all smiles from the moment she saw Gramps and Aunt Wendy (actually she stared at Wendy for awhile trying to figure her out but then it turned to more smiles). Michael and I quickly put her dress on and took her to see Santa while Gramps caught it on the video camera.

Abby went to Santa without a single complaint. Actually, I think she enjoyed her time and conversation with him. Santa told her all about leaving out some Chocolate Chip cookies and a big glass of milk for him to snack on while filling her stocking and she just sat and listened with a smile on her face. Then, Santa talked to Michael and I for a bit. I was amazed with the twinkle in his eye, joy in his words and love in his heart. Santa truly made this a memory for a lifetime and not just another picture.

So, without further adieu, here is a picture of Santa and Abby:

2 comments:

christa said...

i have to say i have been following your blog since you were pregnant! and i found you thru kelli and kristi's blogs, and i have to say that is the most precious picture of a baby and santa ever, to see how he holds her close to him , ive never seen it and that is priceless and i love it, merry xmas keliann michael and abby! ps did you post a blog about why you changed the way you spelled her name, dont get me wrong i love it both ways but i thought the first way you posted it was original and most people wouldnt spell it that way!

Kelli said...

Oh my GOODNESS that picture is ADORABLE! I am so glad you're having such a blessed Christmas. Love you guys!