December 06, 2009

Momma Needs a New Job

So, this week is what I call my "Week From Hell". It happens the second week of the month, from August to May. No, it has nothing to do with the reproductive system--that would be too much information!!!

This is the week that I have my night meetings for work. They start at 6 p.m. and run for 3 hours on average. Then I get to drive home-read 10 to 30 more minutes. I start the week in Oxford, then Wednesday I'm in Brandon, and Thursday I attend the meeting in Clarkston. Luckily, this year I had Lake Orion switch their meeting from the 2nd Tuesday to the 1st Tuesday of the month, so that helps break it up a bit. I hated this part of my job last year--and this year I loath, despise, and detest this part of my job. I hate that fact that 3 nights this week I will have to miss my evening with Abby. It is so sad to not be able to spend the end of the day with with her, cuddling in the rocker after a good feeding while singing our lullaby's. I just have to remind myself that it is only 4 nights of 30 each month...that is until I have to do a training or a committee meeting.....

Thankfully, I get a break in June and July. Working is for the birds--hope I win the Millionaire Raffle in January.

No comments: