December 11, 2009

Roll with it

Abby is starting to get the hang of rolling over! It has been a slow start since she used to hate being on her tummy. But she is learning to deal with it and manages to hang out on her tummy for 3-5 minutes at a time. We have been working on rolling from front to back, but usually she gets too mad, arches her back more than I have ever seen and forgets to try to roll. So, like a good mommy I gently push her hip to show her how it is done.

Well, today we were taking some pictures with her on her tummy and of course, she rolled over 3 times! Of course she did it the one time I really didn't want her to! I must be honest, she had a little help from the uneven surface she was laying on, but hey she did it without mommy's little push :) So, I declare today as the first time she rolled over. I tried to get the next one on video, but needless to say, it was back to the old ways. Oh well, consistent rolling will be here in a week or so!!

No comments: