June 26, 2011

Eye Opening

I hate change. I know that it is inevitable that things will change. I know that change shows progress and growth. But none of this changes that fact that I hate change. In the end, I do pretty well in adapting and accepting change but if I had it my way very little would ever change in my world.

Tonight I realized just how much I hate change...My trusty old Tevas are just that...OLD!!! My blue pair I bought in college and my pink pair joined me shortly there after. I have lived in them summer after summer after summer. They are quick to put on, easy to clean when dirty, do well in water, never blister (I could go miles in them w/o any issues) and well, we have history. Problem is I wore them while pregnant, large and in charge pregnant, and they have not forgot those days. So now that I'm 50 lbs lighter my feet are not so happy in them and I fear it is time for a new pair.

I've been shopping for a new pair for a few years now but just haven't found a pattern that I like. And as you can tell, you have to love the pattern b/c it is a long term commitment when it comes to a pair of Tevas. But with a pending trip to Cedar Point I had to make a purchase. So off to the store I went. I picked up a cute pair of size 8 and gave the a quick try. "Hummmm, my feet must have truly grown/flattened out while preggers b/c the 8 is almost too short! Crazy" I thought. But I purchase them anyway and head home.

With Abby in bed I decided to get to know my new friends so I slipped them on for a quick stroll through the house. "Weird" I thought, "the strap doesn't seem to be in the right place and these must might be too small...and I think they are way harder than before." I dismiss these thoughts b/c, well, the last time I purchased a new pair was before Michael was around...years ago.... So off to the closet I went to grab one of my trusty old friends....

Sure enough, not event Tevas stay the same!!!!!!!!!! After a sole to sole comparison I have found that:
1) new Tevas are about 1/3" skinner than the old
2) new Tevas are about 1/3" shorter than the old
3) the outside strap on the new Tevas is about 1/2' closer to the leg than the old
4) the new Tevas are harder than the old



UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I hate change and I'm just starting to understand how much I hate it. Kind of ridiculous that the change in a pair of flip flops left me feeling this way...

1 comment:

The Agnello Family said...

HA! This is waaaaaay too funny! I remember those Tevas! You totally need a new pair! I think we even had matching ones in college. Mine took a beating while PG too! I actually just got a pair of Reefs...maybe you could try them. Might be too much change for you though :) Good luck with your search...I understand the pain! Wait till Abby can wear them...we just bought Charlotte her first pair and she is so stinkin cute in them! We'll keep them and pass them along to her! Love you!