November 15, 2009

Snarphy

Do you ever get that head congestion that settles in the back of your throat/nose that no matter how much you blow doesn't go anywhere but still manages to drain into your throat? You know that yucky, phlegmy, makes-you-cough-and-sniff-all-time head cold. Yuck!

Well, this is what Abby came down with this past week. It is so sad to listen to--when she lays on her back it all drains down the pipes and makes her cough, or worse gag and dry-heave. I keep trying to suction it out, but nothing will come. I know it is in there because most of the time you can hear the snot/phlegm catching in that place that is not really your nose or throat. This is what I have started to call a Snarph. Poor Michael heard me talking to Abby about her snarphs and being all "snarphy" and did not realize that it is something I completely made up. The funny part is he had been referring to her "snarphs" to other people and needless to say, they had no clue what he was talking about...Sorry Michael!

Anyway, I took Abby to the dr. and he did the flu test just in case (never thought it was the flu, but better safe then sorry I guess...). I'm happy to report that she is flu free but still fighting a case of the Snarphs with the help of a decongestant ;)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Or you could try the disgusting nose frida (ugh, I gag just thinking of it!)

Kristi said...

SERIOUSLY. GET IT. You can borrow mine if you want to try before you buy. Life-changing, I swear!