May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

to Me!!! My "first" mother's day weekend was great! It started Friday with a delivery from the UPS man. My dad sent me a the cutest t-shirt with this on the belly:


So fun! I will post a pic. with me in the shirt later (I hate getting my picture taken...). Later that afternoon the mail came and there was a card from Peanut! She is so thoughtful and knew just what I needed: a haircut!! Sad to say, but I have not been to Stephanie in over 5 MONTHS!! Yes, months not weeks! So Saturday morning off to the salon I went!
Mommy's Day continued this morning with MJ getting up to feed the cats at 8 a.m. when they started calling at the door for breakfast...so nice to sleep in a little. He came back to bed about a half hour later with a present for me! Michael got me a shirt, a pink zip-up hoodie and some maternity undies. It is amazing how the little things can make you feel like a new person! Comfy clothes are the BEST right now...and I am only going to get bigger :) Next we went to out for a yummy breakfast then came home and got ready for our day. First we went to pick up paint (add taping and painting the baby's room to our to do list) then to the mall to grab a few items. Then it was on to the Johnson's for a little cook-out. The boys took care of everything and actually made a great dinner. I got a nice potted plant for the front porch and a couple of Mommy-to-be cards. So very thoughtful of everyone.
Now I am home, in my jammies, typing away and dreading another work week (it is a long one with night meetings Monday-Thursday....YUCK). What a wonderful Mother's Day! I hope yours was just as special and enjoyable.
On that note, I just want to say a little "Thank You" to all of the women in my life who have ever supported, encouraged, and loved me. Especially you Mom! I love you!

No comments: