November 02, 2012

The Month of Thanks

Well, I keep trying to be a better blogger and I keep failing. But as the wise say, try, try again....so here I go.  And what better way to get me into the grove of frequent blogging than to commit to a month of thanks as Thanksgiving slowly creeps towards us?  Can't think of one myself!

So here is what I'm thinking:  These are in no particular order, nor is the list to be all-inclusive; This is simply a pause from the busy world to remind myself just how wonderful life is; Some may be deep and moving while others may be simple or light-hearted; This is an attempt to be a better archiver of our family happenings; You are welcome to follow along to help hold me accountable to my my goal or perhaps join me in your own gratitude journey; In true Keliann fashion I am a bit late and have some catching up to do, but will plug away at that in the next few days.

I am thankful for...Video Baby Monitors

Three and a half years ago I swore I was not going to "one of those moms" who has a video monitor and watches her kids sleep.  In my mind there was no reason why one should spend $200+ on  such a thing, the end.  Then, along came Abby and my Mommy genes kicked in.  I can't tell you how many nights I snuck into her room to make sure she was still breathing or that she wasn't stuck between the crib slats not to mention all the nights of screaming and jumping in the crib/bed because she did not want to sleep when I felt I had to go check on her because I did not know what she was doing.  After two years of that I was kicking myself for not getting one and once Ben came along I swore I was not going through that again so off to the store I went.  I think purchasing my video monitor was one of the best purchases I have made this time around. I got a camera for Abby's room and one for Ben's room and might add one more in the playroom soon too.  It has made sleep training Ben so much easier because when I feel like I have to cave and go check on him I just peek at the monitor or when Abby is still awake 40 minutes after putting her to sleep I can just push the microphone button and reminder her she is supposed to be sleeping instead of having to go in and get sucked into the "I'm not tired/Mommy don't leave" fight, among other reasons.  It has taken way so much of the Mommy wonder/panic that I can't imagine how I did it with out it before and NO I have not become so obsessed with my sleeping children that sit and watch them the entire time (much to my own surprise).  So, Thank you video baby monitor makers for making a product that makes me so much more comfortable!


Sleepy Ben


Abby asleep at last!
 (no it is not 75 degrees in her room...I can't get a good reading since hanging it on the wall)

No comments: