December 14, 2011

Potty Progress

Big news to report in the world of "thinking about potty training"...today at school Abby 1) asked to go potty out of the blue 2) had a clean diaper upon request and 3) pooped in the toilet for the first time ever!!!  I must say that this is a pretty big day for Abby.  I realize that we are a far cry from officially being potty trained, but it is getting harder and harder to deny that she is ready.  The above events, along with Abby taking off her wet diaper while I was in the other room and then announcing the need for a new one pretty much seals the deal.  I'm glad that we are planning on a 3 day boot camp right after Christmas, or maybe we'll even start on Christmas day. We'll see how ambitious Mommy feels when the day gets here.

Until then, the potty prep continues.  I washed another 9 pair of undies tonight and Santa is bringing her 3 more pair for her stocking (My Little Pony ones because I hear they are the smallest ones out there.  If you have a Peanut too and want more details, let me know and I will share...).  I laugh each time I go to fold them because the are soooooo tiny.  I only wish her little bum would stay that small forever.  Wait, that would be weird!

No comments: