March 03, 2011

Good and Stubborn

Abby had another great day at daycare, which I love!! I was able to sneak in and watch her play for a few minutes which was a pleasure. I always wonder what she does while there so it was nice to see her in action. She was over by the jumpers playing with the toys attached, pushing, turning and clicking away. Then she saw me and started to cry. What is that about?? I told her that she was fine and that seemed to fix it. Then she came running to me with a huge smile on her face. That warmed my heart and was just what I needed after a frustrating day at work. I swooped her up and then she started tickling me. Abby LOVES to tickle...yesterday the ladies at daycare told me how she spent the afternoon tickling baby Abby who thought it was the funniest thing in the world and let them know by belly laughing the whole time!

And now here we are, minute 42 of Abby crying "Momma, momma, momma" from her crib. This little girl is persistent and stubborn just like her Mommy! I don't know that I'd call it crying so much as whining. All she wants is for me to come and rock her (or to sleep in my bed...), which part of me would love to do for her but the realistic part of me keeps telling me that this has to stop (and sometime soon). I know that she will only be tiny for a short time and little ones need lots of extra love, but since she has been sick lately we have gotten into the bad habit of rocking her when she wakes. Oh how I long for the day of sleeping through the night again! Maybe in ten years that will happen on a regular basis.......

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Awww. I actually just told David, "When Samuel is a teenager, I seriously don't care how much he sleeps cause I'm sleeping too!"