December 29, 2010

This is for the birds....

I was hoping to post some Christmas updates today...lots to share...but our day has been full of vomit!!!! I was in denial this morning--chalked the first two up to phlegm overload--but after Abby's fifth wardrobe change I am starting to wonder if this is her first case of the flu. I'll keep you posted...


Update:
Well, Abby got sick six times that day and I had to call the Dr. office because she couldn't keep a thing down--not crackers, not water. It was so sad to see her little face each time she would get sick, she just didn't know what was going on and it seemed to scare her a bit. It broke my heart each time. It is amazing that you really don't care about cleaning chunks out of the carpet (when you have all that hardwood that she could have vomited on....) or all the laundry you'll have to do when your baby is getting sick. You truly just want them to feel ok.
Abby seemed to be doing better around dinner time (hadn't thrown up in over 3 hours) and she was starving so I let her eat some crackers and such. Well, needless to say we had a visitor in our bed that night because about 3 hours after going to be her sheets were covered. The next day she was fine all day, other than being a sleepy little girl, but she yet again got sick in bed. Poor thing!
Thus far, I was in the clear. Come New Year's Eve, I was going on day two w/o getting sick so we went ahead with our dinner plans. Gramps and Grandma D came over to Abbysit while we went out for a nice adult dinner with friends. Just about the time the appetisers came it hit me like a ton of bricks out of NOWHERE! I have to say that I can't remember the last time I got sick in a public bathroom (maybe because I had had a bit too much to drink then...just saying...) and I never want to do it again! YUCK! Well, we didn't get to enjoy that meal, in fact I didn't get to enjoy any meal until dinner the next day :( So much for not getting this one from Abby!
I do have to say that this was an easy tummy bug--no fever, no body aches, no headache, no chills. It really could have been worse. I just look at it this way, I got my diet off to a good start! Happy New Year to me....

No comments: