December 02, 2010

A Giver

I am happy to report that Abby's philanthropic days have begun!

As we headed into Kmart for a pair of tights (which they did not have...UUUGGGGHHHHH!) Abby was intrigued by the sight and sound of the Salvation Army Bell Ringer. I laughed at how the simple things are so new and exciting for little ones as I dug for some change. I came up with one lonely quarter but thought something is better than nothing. As I pulled it out of my wallet, Abby just stared at the shiny object like, "wow, what is that??!!" I guess I have done a pretty good job at keeping change away from my little one thus far, ha!

Anyway, the closer we got the harder she stared while trying to figure out what was going on. Then we got to the kettle and I put the quarter in her hand, ready to take it from her as she put it in her mouth. Much to my surprise, she wanted to put it in the bucket with very little encouragement and no crying when it was gone. All in all, this impromptu lesson on giving went much better that I thought ounce the wheels were in motion.

Now, I can only hope that Abby's joy of giving continues!

No comments: