November 15, 2010

Trotter in Training

Well folks, I'm not one who enjoys running but I have managed to sign myself up for the Detroit Turkey Trot this year! I figured that once I made the commitment to run a 5k I would have to get off my behind and start working out (I am still working on loosing some of my "Abby-weight"and had hoped to have it off by the end of the year).

Unfortunately, being the procrastinator that I am, I just started running on Friday. Yes, two short week before the big day. Hey, better late than never and it could have been worse (waiting til next week to see if I could make it the 3.2 miles w/o dieing) right!?! As of now, my goal is to finnish the Stuffing Strut (5k) with out stopping...

I am happy to report that:
a) I can "run" 3 miles in less than an hour (I wasn't sure how long it would take with my short legs)
b) I can make it 3 miles without stopping,
c) I am learning that I have muscles that I didn't know I had (boy am I sore)

Stay tuned for updates!

1 comment:

marisa said...

Way to go Keliann, I will have you running the crim by next August!