July 21, 2010

Eleven Months

I....don't...want.....to.......say......it..........


But I guess I will have to at some point anyway. Here it goes: Abby is 11 months old. I can't believe that in 28 days she will be a one year old little girl. Please, say it ain't so!! It is hard to think that my days of having an "infant" are soon over (for the time being anyway) and we and staring down the through of toddlerhood!

In the last few weeks Abby has started to blossom into a little girl who loves to: answer her phone with a big "ello", wave "hi" to anyone that will watch, blow you kisses if you perused her enough, scream at and chase the cats for fun, dance any time music comes on, cruise around the house with little regard for obstacles, "walk" anywhere a pair of guiding hands will take her, eat pretty much anything that you put in front of her (especially spicy veggie patties, blueberries, grapes, cheese and yogurt (which she calls "baby" because of the picture of a baby on the package)) and protest anytime she thinks she is going to go to bed. Yes, I am starting to think that my little girl is a stubborn and sassy as I am...I'm in BIG trouble!

Abby is still a toothless, little Peanut! She is about 16 pounds and I don't think she has grown much since she is still in her 6-9 month clothes. And as for teeth...who knows! She has had a finger in her mouth at all time for the last two weeks or so...seems to be a bit more cranky too but we did cut out the afternoon nursing so I'm not sure which one is the cause! I guess we will just have to wait and see :



Abby waving hi to the bikers riding by:


Abby's big girl piggies:


Abby love to share, as long as you give it right back


Too cute for words


Abby loves her Peanut and cruising with one hand!


Balance is not much of an issue these days


I think Abby will be walking soon. She will stand for 10 seconds or so if she doesn't realize it, has taken to pushing her walking toys around the house and a somewhat fast pace, is moving from the coffee table to the couch while standing and will walk with you while holding on to one finger. I think all it will take is a little desire on her part and off she will go. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

GASP! She's getting so, so animated and BIG! (And the piggies? Seriously...I die.) Smoochies from Aunt Kristi!

Bubbles said...

I'm just checking out the next blog buttong and came across your blog.

I had to smile at this post as it reminds me so much of my niece. I see her every day except some Sundays. She is now 16 months and honestly like you I can not believe how quickly the days have flown by. All that you described reminds me so much of her.

Unknown said...

Oh my God how cute she is!!!