April 07, 2010

Easter Time

Our Easter fun started on Friday with a visit to The Village of Rochester Hills for a little visit with the Easter Bunny. Abby wasn't too sure what to think of him (neither did MJ or I--I think the Easter Bunny was not felling well, or perhaps he is getting a little old and needs to appoint an heir, because he did not look so good....) and really did not want to smile for the camera. Oh well, at least she did not cry! That is 2 for 2 if your keeping track!

Abby and the Easter Bunny
On Saturday night, MJ and I colored some eggs! I had a blast! It has been years, 8 in fact, since I colored eggs, which is hard to believe since it is one of my favorite things to do! Next year I am buying a kit for each of us along with a dozen eggs each so that I won't have to share...only problem is I don't think I could eat all of them by myself :(

Easter morning came a little too early...I got up at 6 a.m. to get ready for 9:30 mass and the rest of our day. It is amazing how long it takes to get the three of us ready to get out the door for the day! Abby did pretty well at mass. She loves when it is time to sing! She gets to "singing" and then doesn't want to stop when the song is done...you would think it is cute, but I hate being "that" family. This week wasn't too bad because there were a lot of kids at Mass so Abby wasn't the only one chatting from time to time. We did have to leave a few times in order to give Abby a chance to "let loose".

Our Family after Easter Mass
Then it was on to the Johnson's for a little Easter Brunch-yummy! We spent a few hours hanging out with Connor and Brendan and the rest of the family...Connor is getting ready for his little sister and played house with me! He was the Daddy, I was Mommy and we had lots of kids! I wish I would have taken a few pics...

Next we headed home for a little visit from Grandma D and Gramps. Abby had lots of fun playing with her Easter basket (as well as the wrapping it came in). Here are a few pics:

Abby stared in her new book as the face of the animals and loves it!


Every little girl needs a Glow Worm:


Abby also hunted for her basket from the Easter Bunny. Silly bunny hid it behind the T.V.!
Abby's First Easter Basket:



She was excited to get her hands on all the goodies:








She loved to shake her eggs filled with Jelly Beans:



Then it was time for bed! We love experiencing all these first with our little girl!

3 comments:

marisa said...

so cute, can't wait to see her!

Andrea Schultz said...

I LOVE THE DRESS, she is so cute you all...she really is!!!

Andrea Schultz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.