October 22, 2009

I Cried Too

Today we went for Abby's 2 month well-baby check up---a.k.a. shot fest.

First the good stuff: She is growing like a weed! She is 10 lbs 10 oz (50%) 23 inches tall (65-70%) and head is 40 cm round (75%--I like to think this means she will be SUPER smart). All is good.

Abby was in a bit of a mood since she was due for a nap. She decided to show the Doc. just how strong her lungs are when he shined the light into her eyes, ears and nose. The funny thing is that in the last 2 days she has added this new, high-pitched scream to her repertoire and she decided to show it off. Luckily, we have a great Doc. who just laughed and told me that they usually get the attitude from their mother. Oh, if he only knew just how true that is :)

Then came the needles :( Distracting Abby while she was being poked was the saddest, hardest thing I have yet had to do as a mother. Seeing her freeze in pain then slowly melt into a painful scream made me cry. Never have I hated a shot so much, never. Sorry Abby. I just have to remind myself that we do it to avoid long-term pain and discomfort and/or worse... In the end, she did pretty well. We came home and took a nap together, then played for a little before she went to bed at 7. She has been sound a sleep since then; I'm pretty sure she is sleeping off the day :)
Here is a pic that Grandma D took on Sunday, enjoy:

No comments: