August 11, 2011

Story Time

Bed time has been rough for Mommy and Abby for a few months now--anytime I am in her room she REFUSES to go to sleep because she knows I will leave. So, MJ has been in charge of bedtime duties. But Abby has slowly found her way to our bed each night, or should I say morning as in 4 am, warm and snug as a bug! But this morning I decided enough is enough. And the fight begins...

I spent about 25 minutes in her room, fighting to keep her in bed and trying to get her to lie down. About the third round of crazy screams MJ tagged himself in. And stayed in there for the rest of the morning after two failed escapes.

Guess we "won" on keeping her in her own bed ;)

So tonight I went in to start the process...determined to get her over her issue of mommy putting her to bed. As we were reading our goodnight book that we have not read in a few months b/c I don't put her to bed she would finish the sentence when I paused: "find pajamas big and...." "small" replied Abby. "And when the moon is on the rise they all go up...." "to exercise!!" said Abby. "the day is done they say "goodnight" and somebody turns off the..." "light!" she peeps in. I just can't believe that she remembers all of that! It is crazy just how much of a sponge she was even all those months ago.

Moral of the story to other parents....careful, they ARE watching!

No comments: